Metal-based turn-on fluorescent probes for sensing nitric oxide
Cited 128 times inCited 126 times in
- Metal-based turn-on fluorescent probes for sensing nitric oxide
- Lim, Mi Hee; Lippard, Stephen J.
- BRIDGED DIIRON(II); COMPLEXES; REACTIVITY; LIGANDS; SENSORS; DESIGN
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACCOUNTS OF CHEMICAL RESEARCH, v.40, no.1, pp.41 - 51
- Nitric oxide, a reactive free radical, regulates a variety of biological processes. The absence of tools to detect NO directly, rapidly, specifically, and selectively motivated us to synthesize metal-based fluorescent probes to visualize the presence of NO. We prepared and investigated Co(II), Fe(II), Ru(II), Rh(II), and Cu(II) complexes as turn-on fluorescent NO sensors. Our exploration has provided insight into how the interaction of transition-metal centers with nitric oxide can be utilized for NO sensing.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.