Construction of boundary layer elements for singularly perturbed convection-diffusion equations and L(2)-stability analysis
Cited 6 times inCited 6 times in
- Construction of boundary layer elements for singularly perturbed convection-diffusion equations and L(2)-stability analysis
- Jung, Chang-Yeol; Temam, R.
- Issue Date
- ISCI-INST SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING & INFORMATION
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF NUMERICAL ANALYSIS AND MODELING, v.5, no.4, pp.729 - 748
- It has been demonstrated that the ordinary boundary layer elements play an essential role in the finite element approximations for singularly perturbed problems producing ordinary boundary layers. Here we revise the element so that it has a small compact support and hence the resulting linear system becomes sparse, more precisely, block tridiagonal. We prove the validity of the revised element for some singularly perturbed convection-diffusion equations via numerical simulations and via the H1-approximation error analysis. Furthermore due to the compact structure of the boundary layer we are able to prove the L2-stability analysis of the scheme and derive the L2-error approximations.
- Appears in Collections:
- MTH_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.