Band gap sensitivity of bromine adsorption at carbon nanotubes
Cited 30 times inCited 28 times in
- Band gap sensitivity of bromine adsorption at carbon nanotubes
- Park, Noejung; Miyamoto, Y; Lee, K; Choi, WI; Ihm, J; Yu, JJ; Han, SW
- ELECTRONIC-STRUCTURE; GRAPHENE TUBULES
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- CHEMICAL PHYSICS LETTERS, v.403, no.1-3, pp.135 - 139
- We report results of our first-principles investigation on the energetics and electronic structures of bromine-adsorbed carbon nanotubes. While the bromine molecule binds preferentially to the outer wall of metallic nanotubes, the binding energy of adsorbed atomic bromines are found to depend on the radius as well as the energy gap. A recent experiment on the nanotube separation using bromines is discussed based on our computational data. The formation of strong C-Br chemical bonds at the zigzag edge of graphite demonstrates a close relationship between the density of states at the Fermi level and the binding strength.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.