Magnetism in all-carbon nanostructures with negative gaussian curvature
Cited 137 times inCited 139 times in
- Magnetism in all-carbon nanostructures with negative gaussian curvature
- Park, Noejung; Yoon, M; Berber, S; Ihm, J; Osawa, E; Tomanek, D
- RATE LASER-ABLATION; GRAPHITIC CARBON; MODEL; STATE; EDGE; PSEUDOPOTENTIALS; MICROTUBULES; SYSTEMS; DIAMOND; RIBBONS
- Issue Date
- AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.91, no.23, pp. -
- The electronic and magnetic properties of an sp2 bonded all-carbon nanostructure, consisting of a nanotube junction structurally related to schwarzite, were investigated. The spin density functional theory was used during the investigation. The electronic structure of different tetrapods was calculated using the density functional theory within the local spin density approximation (LSDA). It was found that particular systems, which were related to schwarzite and contain no under-coordinated carbon atoms, carry a net magnetic moment in the ground state. The effect of edge termination on the net magnetic moment of the tetrapod was also studied.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.