Pressure-dependent Schottky barrier at the metal-nanotube contact
Cited 10 times inCited 10 times in
- Pressure-dependent Schottky barrier at the metal-nanotube contact
- Park, Noejung; Kang, Donghoon; Hong, Suklyun; Han, Seungwu
- Atomistic models; Gold-nanotube contact; Schottky barrier; Valence edge
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.87, no.1, pp. -
- We carry out first-principles density-functional calculations to investigate the electronic structure of the gold-carbon nanotube contact. It is found that a pressure applied on the gold-nanotube contact shifts the Fermi level from the valence edge to the conduction edge of the carbon nanotube. This can explain the n -type transport behavior frequently observed in the nanotube field-effect transistor using the gold as electrodes. An atomistic model is proposed for a possible origin of the pressure when the nanotube is embedded in the gold electrode.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.