Magnetic ordering at the edges of graphitic fragments: Magnetic tail interactions between the edge-localized states
Cited 286 times inCited 216 times in
- Magnetic ordering at the edges of graphitic fragments: Magnetic tail interactions between the edge-localized states
- Lee, H; Son, YW; Park, Noejung; Han, SW; Yu, JJ
- ELECTRON-GAS; FERROMAGNETISM; CARBON; ACCURATE; RIBBONS; ENERGY
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.72, no.17, pp. -
- To understand the formation mechanism of magnetic moments at the edges of graphitic fragments, we carry out first-principles density-functional calculations for the electronic and magnetic structures of graphitic fragments with various spin and geometric configurations. We find that interedge and interlayer interactions between the localized moments can be explained in terms of interactions between the magnetic tails of the edge-localized states. In addition, the dihydrogenated edge states as well as Fe ad-atoms at the edge are studied in regard to the magnetic order and proximity effects.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.