A multi-time-scale analysis of chemical reaction networks: I. Deterministic systems
Cited 13 times inCited 14 times in
- A multi-time-scale analysis of chemical reaction networks: I. Deterministic systems
- Lee, Chang Hyeong; Othmer, Hans G.
- Chemical reaction networks; Multi-time-scale analysis; Reduction of graph of reaction networks
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL BIOLOGY, v.60, no.3, pp.387 - 450
- We consider deterministic descriptions of reaction networks in which different reactions occur on at least two distinct time scales. We show that when a certain Jacobian is nonsingular there is a coordinate system in which the evolution equations for slow and fast variables are separated, and we obtain the appropriate initial conditions for the transformed system. We also discuss topological properties which guarantee that the nonsingularity condition is satisfied, and show that in the new coordinate frame the evolution of the slow variables on the slow time scale is independent of the fast variables to lowest order in a small parameter. Several examples that illustrate the numerical accuracy of the reduction are presented, and an extension of the reduction method to three or more time scale networks is discussed.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.