Layer-by-Layer Assembly of All Carbon Nanotube Ultrathin Films for Electrochemical Applications
Cited 255 times inCited 293 times in
- Layer-by-Layer Assembly of All Carbon Nanotube Ultrathin Films for Electrochemical Applications
- Lee, Seung Woo; Kim, Byeong-Su; Chen, Shuo; Shao-Horn, Yang; Hammond, Paula T.
- AFM; Electrochemical applications; Electrochemical measurements; Electronic conductivity; Functionalized; High-capacitive; Interpenetrating networks; Layer-by-layer assemblies; Multi-wall carbon nanotubes; pH condition; PH-dependent; Polymer composite; Positively charged; Precise control; SEM; Single wall nanotubes; Surface Functionalization; Thin-film electrode; Tunable thin films; Weak polyelectrolytes
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.131, no.2, pp.671 - 679
- All multiwall carbon nanotube (MWNT) thin films are created by layer-by-layer (LBL) assembly of surface functionalized MWNTs. Negatively and positively charged MWNTs were prepared by surface functionalization, allowing the incorporation of MWNTs into highly tunable thin films via the LBL technique. The pH dependent surface charge on the MWNTs gives this system the unique characteristics of LBL assembly of weak polyelectrolytes, controlling thickness and morphology with assembly pH conditions. We demonstrate that these MWNT thin films have randomly oriented interpenetrating network structure with well developed nanopores using AFM and SEM, which is an ideal structure of functional materials for various applications. In particular, electrochemical measurements of these all-MWNT thin film electrodes show high electronic conductivity in comparison with polymer composites with single wall nanotubes, and high capacitive behavior with precise control of capacity.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.