Size-controlled synthesis and optical properties of monodisperse colloidal magnesium oxide nanocrystals
Cited 24 times inCited 26 times in
- Size-controlled synthesis and optical properties of monodisperse colloidal magnesium oxide nanocrystals
- Moon, Hoi Ri; Urban, J.J.; Milliron, D.J.
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION, v.48, no.34, pp.6278 - 6281
- MgO gets discrete: Monodisperse nanocrystals of the alkaline earth metal oxide MgO can be prepared by direct colloidal synthesis (see image). Diameter control (2-8 nm) is achieved by incorporating catalytic amounts of water into the organic reaction medium. Although trioctylphosphine oxide is present during the reaction, the resulting nanocrystals are capped primaryly by benzyl ether. Blue luminescence is observed with a quantum yield up to approximately 20 %.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.