Subpixel arrangements and color image rendering methods for multiprimary displays
Cited 2 times inCited 0 times in
- Subpixel arrangements and color image rendering methods for multiprimary displays
- Kutas, Gabor; Choh, Heui-Keun; Kwak, Youngshin; Bodrogi, Peter; Czuni, Laszlo
- Issue Date
- IS&T & SPIE
- JOURNAL OF ELECTRONIC IMAGING, v.15, no.2, pp.1 - 9
- Design principles are formulated to develop visually optimal multiprimary subpixel architectures. Two new hexagonal subpixel architectures optimized for multiprimary color displays are shown, each designed according to these principles. These new multiprimary pixel architectures are considered to be useful to eliminate the color fringe artifact. They are expected to yield images of better visual quality than previous three primary color architectures including the RGB stripe architecture. A new image rendering method is also formulated for multiprimary subpixel architectures. This method can be used with and without subpixel rendering. An error function, is defined enabling proper chromaticity reproduction and enhanced luminance resolution.
- Appears in Collections:
- BME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.