Online Degradation Assessment and Adaptive Fault Detection Using Modified Hidden Markov Model
Cited 5 times inCited 0 times in
- Online Degradation Assessment and Adaptive Fault Detection Using Modified Hidden Markov Model
- Lee, Seungchul; Li, Lin; Ni, Jun
- Adaptive fault detection; Hidden Markov model; Online degradation assessment
- Issue Date
- ASME-AMER SOC MECHANICAL ENG
- JOURNAL OF MANUFACTURING SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME, v.132, no.2, pp.1 - 11
- Online condition monitoring and diagnosis systems play an important role in the modern manufacturing industry. This paper presents a novel method to diagnose the degradation processes of multiple failure modes using a modified hidden Markov model (MHMM) with variable state space. The proposed MHMM is combined with statistical process control to quickly detect the occurrence of an unknown fault. This method allows the state space of a hidden Markov model to be adjusted and updated with the identification of new states. Hence, the online degradation assessment and adaptive fault diagnosis can be simultaneously obtained. Experimental results in a turning process illustrate that the tool wear state can be successfully detected, and previously unknown tool wear processes can be identified at the early stages using the MHMM.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- DHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.