On-line determination of steady state in simulation outputs
Cited 3 times inCited 4 times in
- On-line determination of steady state in simulation outputs
- Lee, YH; Kyung, Gyouhyung; Jung, CS
- Steady State; Truncation Point
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- COMPUTERS & INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING, v.33, no.3-4, pp.805 - 808
- As simulation output is generally nonstationary and autocorrelated and includes the initialization bias we can't directly apply traditional statistic approaches to its analysis. One of solutions for this problem is to exclude the initial part of simulation output that is affected by this bias. Detection of steady state is one of the most important issues for the automation of simulation output analysis. This paper deals with on-line detection of truncation point in order to estimate efficiently the steady-state mean of single-run simulation by batch means method. Two algorithms are purposed. The first algorithm is based on the Euclidean distance equation and the second utilizes the backpropagation algorithm in neural networks that has been applied to the pattern classification problems.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- DHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.