Intrinsic Model to Predict Formwork Pressure
Cited 12 times inCited 11 times in
- Intrinsic Model to Predict Formwork Pressure
- Kwon, Seung Hee; Shah, Surendra P.; Quoc Tri Phung; Kim, Jae Hong; Lee, Yun
- Formwork pressure; Intrinsic model; Self-consolidating concrete
- Issue Date
- AMER CONCRETE INST
- ACI MATERIALS JOURNAL, v.107, no.1, pp.20 - 26
- Formwork pressure depends on many factors. Some are related to the intrinsic characteristics of concrete while others are extrinsic factors related to the external environment and formwork conditions. In this study, a model is proposed to simulate the change of formwork pressure over time due solely to the effect of the intrinsic material characteristics. In addition, a new apparatus was devised to measure the formwork pressure in isolation from the extrinsic factors. Tests were performed using three mixtures: cement paste (CP), ordinary concrete (OC), and self-consolidating concrete (SCC). The formwork pressures predicted and measured in the experiment are compared considering discrete and continuous casting situations. From the comparison, it is verified that the proposed model can predict the response of the lateral pressure with respect to a time-varying vertical pressure.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.