Degradation of dibenzofuran by Pseudomonas putida PH-01
Cited 15 times inCited 19 times in
- Degradation of dibenzofuran by Pseudomonas putida PH-01
- Hong, HB; Chang, YS; Choi, Sung-Deuk; Park, YH
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- WATER RESEARCH, v.34, no.8, pp.2404 - 2407
- The ability of a Pseudomonas putida PH-01 to degrade the dioxin-like compound dibenzofuran was characterized and the effect of extracellular substance produced during the incubation was determined. The strain grew aerobically on dibenzofuran as the sole source of carbon and energy, and the solubility of dibenzofuran was rapidly increased with the appearance of those extracellular substances. During the incubation, production of salicylic acid, catechol, gentisic acid, and other unidentified trace metabolic products was observed. After six days of incubation, catechol accumulated mainly in the culture medium.
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.