Evaluation of carbon uptake and emissions by forests in Korea during the last thirty years (1973-2002)
Cited 3 times inCited 2 times in
- Evaluation of carbon uptake and emissions by forests in Korea during the last thirty years (1973-2002)
- Choi, Sung-Deuk; Chang, Yoon-Seok
- Issue Date
- ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING AND ASSESSMENT, v.117, no.1-3, pp.99 - 107
- The apparent diapycnal diffusivity below the wind-driven surface mixed layer of the ocean was determined in an anticyclonic eddy in the eastern North Atlantic using sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) tracer data collected in June 1998. In this tracer experiment the downward penetration of SF6 was measured for 3 weeks following the deliberate injection of SF6 in the surface mixed layer. The resulting data were used to constrain the one-dimensional Fickian diffusion model to estimate the diapycnal diffusivity. The model also includes the lateral diffusion component so that it can more accurately represent the time evolution of the SF6 concentrations along the isopycnal surface. This affects the estimation of the diapycnal diffusivity. For the upper thermocline immediately below the surface mixed layer we estimated the diapycnal diffusivity for the 3 week period as 0.3 ± 0.2 cm2 s-1 at a buoyancy ftequency of 8.2 cph.
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.