Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete Beam-Column Joints with Headed Bars
Cited 9 times inCited 10 times in
- Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete Beam-Column Joints with Headed Bars
- Kang, Thomas H. -K.; Shin, Myoungsu; Mitra, Nilanjan; Bonacci, John F.
- Beam-column joints; Headed bars; Reinforced concrete; Seismic
- Issue Date
- AMER CONCRETE INST
- ACI STRUCTURAL JOURNAL, v.106, no.6, pp.868 - 877
- Section 12.6 provisions of ACI 318-08 detail the development of headed and mechanically anchored deformed bars for the first time in the Code series. Prior to this, Joint ACI-ASCE Committee 352 published design recommendations for headed reinforcement used in reinforced concrete beam-column joints (ACI 352R-02). However, both ACI 318-08 and 352R-02 are based on quite limited experimental research. Given this concerti, these ACI standards and recommendations were evaluated using an extensive database encompassing most available test data for reinforced concrete beam-column joints with headed bars subjected to reversed cyclic loading. The primary objectives of this study are to document the experimental investigations in a uniform format; provide a detailed review for the test data; and, finally, propose design guidelines to supplement ACI 352R-02 and 318-08 on the subject of headed bars anchored in beam-column joints.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.