Practical Finite Element Analysis
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Practical Finite Element Analysis
- Shin, Myoungsu; Pimentel, Benjam; Grossman, Jacob
- Issue Date
- American Concrete Institute
- CONCRETE INTERNATIONAL, v.30, no.10, pp. -
- At the ACI Fall 2008 Convention, Joint ACI-ASCE Committee 447, Finite Element Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Structures, and ACI Committee 118, Use of Computers, will cosponsor a two-part session titled “Practical Use of Finite Element Analysis in the Design of Concrete Structures.” One of the presentations in the session will cover the modeling of a 25-story hotel building being constructed together with a 60-story residential tower in New York City. The project and its modeling are discussed in this article, including the use of the equivalent slab-beam concept to model the two-way slabs, rigid diaphragms to model slab behavior, and plate elements to model the structural walls.
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.