Twisting moments in two-way slabs : design methods for torsion in slabs using finite element analysis
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Twisting moments in two-way slabs : design methods for torsion in slabs using finite element analysis
- Shin, Myoungsu; Bommer, Allan; Deaton, James B.; Alemdar, Bulent
- Issue Date
- American Concrete Institute
- CONCRETE INTERNATIONAL, v.31, no.7, pp.35 - 40
- In contrast to traditional strip methods for two-way slab design, finite element analysis (FEA) automatically provides deformation compatibility and a full equilibrium load path. Designers using FEA, however, have often blindly ignored twisting moments that occur on the edges of the elements because they are not sure how to account for them. This assumption may be unconservative where torsion is high. The available methods for explicitly incorporating twisting moments in the design of slabs based on FEA results are discussed in this article.
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.