Spectroscopy Identification and Thermodynamic Stability of tert-Butyl Nitrite and Methane Clathrate Hydrate
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Spectroscopy Identification and Thermodynamic Stability of tert-Butyl Nitrite and Methane Clathrate Hydrate
- Sung, Boram; Shin, Kyuchul; Cha, Minjun; Choi, Sukjeong; Lee, Jaehyoung; Seo, Yongwon; Lee, Huen
- Gas storage capacity; High-power; Hydrate structures; Kinetic behavior; Methane clathrate hydrate; New high; New structures; NMR spectroscopy; Powder X ray diffraction; Structure H-hydrate; Thermal stability
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL AND ENGINEERING DATA, v.55, no.12, pp.5906 - 5909
- Structure-H hydrate has been highlighted due to its higher gas storage capacity and favorable thermal stability. Here, we introduce a new structure-H hydrate former, tert-butyl nitrite, and identify it through spectroscopic analysis. The hydrate structure and guest distribution were examined by using powder X-ray diffraction, Raman spectroscopy, and solid-state high-power decoupling 13C NMR spectroscopy. The phase equilibria (Lw + H + Lg + V) of tert-butyl nitrite + CH4 hydrate were measured at pressures from (3 to 4.5) MPa and at temperatures from (277 to 282) K. We also investigated the kinetic behavior of this new high-polarity hydrate former.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.