Analysis of noise coupling from a power distribution network to signal traces in high-speed multilayer printed circuit boards
Cited 18 times inCited 20 times in
- Analysis of noise coupling from a power distribution network to signal traces in high-speed multilayer printed circuit boards
- Kim, Jingook; Rotaru, Mihai D.; Baek, Seungyong; Park, Jongbae; Iyer, Mahadevan K.; Kim, Joungho
- Analytical modeling; Coupling measurement; Electromagnetic coupling; Power distribution network (PDN); Power/ground; Scattering; Switching noise
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY, v.48, no.2, pp.319 - 330
- As layout density increases in highly integrated multilayer printed circuit boards (PCBs), the noise that exists in the power distribution network (PDN) is increasingly coupled to the signal traces, and precise modeling to describe the coupling phenomenon becomes necessary. This paper presents a model to describe noise coupling between the power/ ground planes and signal traces in multilayer systems. An analytical model for the coupling has been successfully derived, and the coupling mechanism was rigorously analyzed and clarified. Wave equations for a signal trace with power/ground noise were solved by imposing boundary conditions. Measurements in both the frequency and time domains have been conducted to confirm the validity of the proposed model.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.