On Lai-Massey and quasi-Feistel ciphers
Cited 1 times inCited 3 times in
- On Lai-Massey and quasi-Feistel ciphers
- Yun, Aaram; Park, Je Hong; Lee, Jooyoung
- Block cipher design; Feistel cipher; Indistinguishability; Lai-Massey cipher; Luby-Rackoff; Pseudorandom function
- Issue Date
- DESIGNS CODES AND CRYPTOGRAPHY, v.58, no.1, pp.45 - 72
- We introduce a new notion called a quasi-Feistel cipher, which is a generalization of the Feistel cipher, and contains the Lai-Massey cipher as an instance. We show that most of the works on the Feistel cipher can be naturally extended to the quasi-Feistel cipher. From this, we give a new proof for Vaudenay's theorems on the security of the Lai-Massey cipher, and also we introduce for Lai-Massey a new construction of pseudorandom permutation, analoguous to the construction of Naor-Reingold using pairwise independent permutations. Also, we prove the birthday security of (2b-1)- and (3b-2)-round unbalanced quasi-Feistel ciphers with b branches against CPA and CPCA attacks, respectively.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.