Inductance Calculations for Plane-Pair Area Fills With Vias in a Power Distribution Network Using a Cavity Model and Partial Inductances
Cited 1 times inCited 4 times in
- Inductance Calculations for Plane-Pair Area Fills With Vias in a Power Distribution Network Using a Cavity Model and Partial Inductances
- Kim, Jingook; Fan, Jun; Ruehli, Albert E.; Kim, Joungho; Drewniak, James L.
- Cavity model; decoupling capacitor; equivalent inductance; inductance; parallel plate; partial element equivalent circuit (PEEC); partial inductance; power distribution network (PDN)
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MICROWAVE THEORY AND TECHNIQUES, v.59, no.8, pp.1909 - 1924
- Partial inductances are computed herein for the via transitions between parallel planes. A hybrid method proposed for the inductance calculation correlates the definition of the partial inductance and a resonant cavity model. The hybrid method is corroborated by comparison with the partial-element equivalent-circuit and the cavity methods, as well as measurements. The portions of the plane net and via net inductances are quantified, and the contribution of each plane current to the plane net inductance is quantitatively analyzed.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.