Refractive index sensitivity measurement of a long period waveguide grating
Cited 19 times inCited 21 times in
- Refractive index sensitivity measurement of a long period waveguide grating
- Kwon, Min-Suk; Shin, SY
- Gratings; Integrated optics; Optical polymers; Optical waveguide filters; Sensitivity
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE PHOTONICS TECHNOLOGY LETTERS, v.17, no.9, pp.1923 - 1925
- For the application of a long-period waveguide grating (LPWG) to a refractive index (RI) sensor, its RI sensitivity is experimentally investigated. The characteristics of the LPWG made of thermocurable polymers are observed when individual liquids with different RIs cover its cladding surface. They are sensitive to the RI of liquid. For the transverse-magnetic mode, the center wavelength of a resonance band increases by 77.7 nm as the RI of liquid increases from 1.0 to 1.47. The experimental results indicate that the LPWG may be used as an RI sensor.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.