Lossless compression of 3-D point data in QSplat representation
Cited 1 times inCited 2 times in
- Lossless compression of 3-D point data in QSplat representation
- Sim, Jae-Young; Kim, CS; Lee, SU
- 3-D point data; Lossless compression; QSplat
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MULTIMEDIA, v.7, no.6, pp.1191 - 1195
- We propose a lossless compression algorithm for three-dimensional point data in graphics applications. In typical point representation, each point is treated as a sphere and its geometrical and normal data are stored in the hierarchical structure of bounding spheres. The proposed algorithm sorts child spheres according to their positions to achieve a higher coding gain for geometrical data. Also, the proposed algorithm compactly encodes normal data by exploiting high correlation between parent and child normals. Simulation results show that the proposed algorithm saves up to 60% of storage space.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.