Theoretical investigation of a notch filter using a long-period grating based on the sampling theorem
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Theoretical investigation of a notch filter using a long-period grating based on the sampling theorem
- Kwon, Min-Suk; Shin, Sang-Yung
- Long-period grating; Notch filter; Sampling methods; Thermo-optic effects
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- OPTICS COMMUNICATIONS, v.263, no.2, pp.214 - 218
- A notch filter using a different grating scheme is investigated theoretically. The grating is the thermo-optic index change induced by individually controllable heaters that are periodically arranged on the filter surface. If the index change pattern induced by the heaters is in the form of sampling a periodic index change, the transmission spectrum of the filter has the same resonance band as that generated by the periodic index change. Simulation results show that the attenuation, bandwidth, and center wavelength of a resonance band are independently adjustable. In addition, it is shown that the transmission spectrum may be tailored to arbitrary predictable shapes. Finally, the realization of the filter is discussed.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.