Metal-slotted polymer optical waveguide device
Cited 5 times inCited 7 times in
- Metal-slotted polymer optical waveguide device
- Kim, Seong-Ku; Hung, Yu-Chueh; Yuan, W.; Cha, DongHo; Geary, K.; Fetterman, H. R.; Ha, Soon Mok; Pei, Qibing; Luo, Jindong; Zhou, XingHua; Jen, Alex K. -Y.; Kwon, Min-Suk; Steier, W. H.
- PROPAGATION CHARACTERISTICS; MODE SELECTION; FILM
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.90, no.24, pp.1 - 3
- Metal-slotted optical waveguides (MSOWs) using an electro-optic polymer material have been experimentally demonstrated. The device consists of a three-layered slab waveguide in that the thin metal (gold) film strips are embedded on top of the lower cladding. The optical mode shapes and effective index of the propagation modes of the proposed waveguide structure were calculated using a simplified effective index method and a simulation tool. The fabrication and the device characteristics of a variable optical attenuator and an optical phase modulator based on MSOWs are discussed.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.