Ultrafast vortex-core reversal dynamics in ferromagnetic nanodots
Cited 62 times inCited 46 times in
- Ultrafast vortex-core reversal dynamics in ferromagnetic nanodots
- Lee, Ki-Suk; Guslienko, Konstantin Y.; Lee, Jun-Young; Kim, Sang-Koog
- DRIVEN MAGNETIZATION DYNAMICS; PERMALLOY; DOTS
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.76, no.17, pp.1 - 5
- To verify the exact underlying mechanism of ultrafast vortex-core reversal as well as the vortex state stability, we conducted numerical calculations of the dynamic evolution of magnetic vortices in Permalloy cylindrical nanodots under an oscillating in-plane magnetic field over a wide range of the field frequency and amplitude. The calculated results reveal different kinds of the nontrivial dynamic responses of vortices to the driving external field, including the vortex-core reversal. In particular, the results offer insight into the 10 ps scale underlying physics of the ultrafast vortex-core reversal driven by small-amplitude (similar to 10 Oe) oscillating in-plane fields. This work also provides fundamentals of how to effectively manipulate the vortex dynamics as well as the dynamical switching of the vortex-core orientation.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.