Out-of-plane current controlled switching of the fourfold degenerate state of a magnetic vortex in soft magnetic nanodots
Cited 16 times inCited 13 times in
- Out-of-plane current controlled switching of the fourfold degenerate state of a magnetic vortex in soft magnetic nanodots
- Choi, Youn-Seok; Yoo, Myoung-Woo; Lee, Ki-Suk; Yu, Young-Sang; Jung, Hyunsung; Kim, Sang-Koog
- Controlled switching; Degenerate state; Magnetic dots; Magnetic vortices; Micromagnetics; Numerical calculation; Out-of-plane; Pulse currents; Single-step; Soft magnetics; Step pulse; Vortex state
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.96, no.7, pp.1 - 3
- We report on an observation of transitions of the fourfold degenerate state of a magnetic vortex in soft magnetic nanodots by micromagnetic numerical calculations. The quaternary vortex states in patterned magnetic dots were found to be controllable by changing the density of out-of-plane dc or pulse currents applied to the dots. Each vortex state can be switched to any of the other states by applying different sequence combinations of individual single-step pulse currents. Each step pulse has a characteristic threshold current density and direction. This work offers a promising way for manipulating both the polarization and chirality of magnetic vortices.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.