Edge-Soliton-Mediated Vortex-Core Reversal Dynamics
Cited 6 times inCited 2 times in
- Edge-Soliton-Mediated Vortex-Core Reversal Dynamics
- Lee, Ki-Suk; Yoo, Myoung-Woo; Choi, Youn-Seok; Kim, Sang-Koog
- Creation and annihilation; Currents flowing; Dynamic transformation; Magnetic vortex cores; Nanodots; Nanoelements; Out-of-plane; Reversal mechanism; Switching process; Topological soliton; Vortex solitons; Vortex-antivortex pairs
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.106, no.14, pp.1 - 4
- We report an additional reversal mechanism of magnetic vortex cores in nanodot elements driven by currents flowing perpendicular to the sample plane, occurring via dynamic transformations between two coupled edge solitons and bulk vortex solitons. This mechanism differs completely from the well-known switching process mediated by the creation and annihilation of vortex-antivortex pairs in terms of the associated topological solitons, energies, and spin-wave emissions. Strongly localized out-of-plane gyrotropic fields induced by the fast motion of the coupled edge solitons enable a magnetization dip that plays a crucial role in the formation of the reversed core magnetization. This work provides a deeper physical insight into the dynamic transformations of magnetic topological solitons in nanoelements.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.