Normal modes of coupled vortex gyration in two spatially separated magnetic nanodisks
Cited 11 times inCited 7 times in
- Normal modes of coupled vortex gyration in two spatially separated magnetic nanodisks
- Lee, Ki-Suk; Jung, Hyunsung; Han, Dong-Soo; Kim, Sang-Koog
- Coupled vortices; Eigen frequencies; Elliptical orbits; Micromagnetics; Nanodisks; Normal modes
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, v.110, no.11, pp.1 - 5
- We found from analytical derivations and micromagnetic numerical simulations that there exist two distinct normal modes in apparently complex vortex gyrotropic motions in two dipolar-coupled magnetic nanodisks. The normal modes have characteristic higher and lower single angular eigenfrequencies with their own elliptical orbits elongated along the x (bonding axis) and y axes, respectively. The superposition of the two normal modes results in coupled vortex gyrations, which depend on the relative vortex-state configuration in a pair of dipolar-coupled disks. This normal-mode representation is a simple means of understanding the observed complex vortex gyrations in two or more dipolar-interacting disks of various vortex-state configurations.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.