One-dimensional growth of MgO film on SrTiO3(100)
Cited 4 times inCited 2 times in
- One-dimensional growth of MgO film on SrTiO3(100)
- Shin, Hyung-Joon; Kim, Seong Heon; Yang, Hee Jun; Kuk, Young
- Atomic resolution; Scanning tunnelling spectroscopy; Tunnelling biases
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.18, no.17, pp.175304-1 - 175304-4
- We studied the growth mode and electronic structure of MgO thin films on a Nb-doped SrTiO3(100) single crystal by scanning tunnelling microscopy and scanning tunnelling spectroscopy. The MgO films grew in a one-dimensional (1D) chain growth mode on the SrTiO3. It is thought that the driving forces for this growth mode are compressive stress on the MgO films and the reconstructed SrTiO3 surface. When we imaged the MgO films at various tunnelling biases, the chains disappeared in the STM topography at a bias lower than 2.0 V and the underlying SrTiO3(100) surface beneath the MgO films could be imaged with an atomic resolution.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.