Magnetic Bistability and Nucleation of Magnetic Bubbles in a Layered 2D Organic-Based Magnet [Fe(TCNE)(NCMe)(2)][FeCl(4)]
Cited 7 times inCited 4 times in
- Magnetic Bistability and Nucleation of Magnetic Bubbles in a Layered 2D Organic-Based Magnet [Fe(TCNE)(NCMe)(2)][FeCl(4)]
- Yoo, Jung-Woo; Prigodin, V. N.; Shum, W. W.; Pokhodnya, K. I.; Miller, Joel S.; Epstein, A. J.
- PHOTOINDUCED MAGNETIZATION; DESIGNER MAGNETS; SPIN-GLASS; TETRACYANOETHYLENE; TEMPERATURE; DYNAMICS; BEHAVIOR; FIELD
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.101, no.19, pp.1 - 4
- The 2D layered organic-based magnet [Fe(TCNE)(NCMe)2][FeC 14] (TCNE=tetracyanoethylene) exhibits a unique macroscopic magnetic bistability between the field-cooled and zero-field-cooled states, which cannot be explained by either superparamagnetic behavior or spin freezing due to spin glass order. This magnetic bistability is described through consideration of the ensemble of uncoupled 2D Ising layers and their magnetization reversal initiated by a field-induced nucleation of magnetic bubbles in individual layers. The bubble nucleation rate strongly depends on the external field and temperature resulting in anomalous magnetic relaxation.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.