Yield property characterization for Au and TiN thin films by applying nanoindentation technique
Cited 3 times inCited 5 times in
- Yield property characterization for Au and TiN thin films by applying nanoindentation technique
- Lee, Yun-Hee; Huh, Yong-Hak; Kim, Ju-Young; Nahm, Seung-Hoon; Jang, Jae-il; Kwon, Dongil
- 3D indent visualization; Nanoindentation; Thin film; Yield strength
- Issue Date
- Trans Tech Publications Ltd.
- KEY ENGINEERING MATERIALS, v.326-328, no., pp.215 - 218
- We tried to apply the nanoindentation technique to yield strength characterization by modifying a previous research. Although the yield strength determining technique developed by Kramer et al. has been successfully demonstrated for large scale indentations on bulky metals, its applicability is still doubtful to nanoscale indentations on thin films with severe roughness, anisotropy, and interfacial constraint. In order to overcome these problems, we combined the nanoindentation technique with a three-dimensional indent visualization technique in this study. Nanoindentation tests were performed for Au and TiN thin films and their corresponding indents were scanned by using an atomic force microscope. From the three-dimensional pile-up morphology, a circular pile-up boundary was measured and input into the yield strength formulation as an effective yielded zone radius. The yield strengths calculated were directly compared with those from the microtensile test.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.