Loading rate effect on inelastic deformation in a Zr-based bulk metallic glass
Cited 5 times inCited 5 times in
- Loading rate effect on inelastic deformation in a Zr-based bulk metallic glass
- Lee, Y. -H.; Kim, Ju-Young; Nahm, S. H.; Kwon, D
- Loading rate; Nanoindentation; Pile-up volume; Shear band; Yield criterion
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING A-STRUCTURAL MATERIALS PROPERTIES MICROSTRUCTURE AND PROCESSING, v.449-451, no., pp.185 - 188
- In order to study the loading rate-sensitive shear band formation, nanoindentation tests with a cube corner indenter were carried out on Zr55Al10Ni5Cu30 (numbers indicate at.%) amorphous alloy. Significant influence of the loading rate on the inelastic deformation was studied by analyzing the remnant indent morphology using three-dimensional visualization tools. Indented volume increased (in contrast, pile-up volume upheaved around indent decreased) with the increase of loading rate. The deformation morphology change was discussed from the susceptibility of multidirectional shearing at high loading rate by the increase of hydrostatic stress.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.