Influence of surface-roughness on indentation size effect
Cited 42 times inCited 42 times in
- Influence of surface-roughness on indentation size effect
- Kim, Ju-Young; Kang, Seung-Kyun; Lee, Jung-Jun; Jang, Jae-il; Lee, Yun-Hee; Kwon, Dongil
- Hardness; Indentation size effect; Nanoindentation; Surface-roughness
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ACTA MATERIALIA, v.55, no.10, pp.3555 - 3562
- During nanoindentation of a material with a naturally rough-surface, a flattening of the rough-surface is additionally accomplished compared to nanoindentation on a flat surface. By separating analytically the work expended to flatten the rough-surface and to deform the flattened surface, we develop here a new rough-surface indentation size effect (ISE) model. This new model is applied to nanoindentation results for three Ni samples of different surface-roughness and the applicability of the model is discussed in terms of a critical contact depth for the surface-roughness effect on ISE.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.