Influence of indenter geometry on the deformation behavior of Zr60Cu30Al10 bulk metallic glass during nanoindentation
Cited 8 times inCited 7 times in
- Influence of indenter geometry on the deformation behavior of Zr60Cu30Al10 bulk metallic glass during nanoindentation
- Yoo, Byung-Gil; Kim, Ju-Young; Jang, Jae-il
- Bulk metallic glass (BMG); Indenter geometry; Nanoindentation; Serrated flow
- Issue Date
- JAPAN INST METALS
- MATERIALS TRANSACTIONS, v.48, no.7, pp.1765 - 1769
- As a first step in examining a new aspect of inhomogeneous plastic flow in bulk metallic glasses (BMGs) during nanoindentation, a series of nanoindentation experiments were performed on Zr60Cu30Al10 BMG with two pyramidal indenters (Berkovich and cube-corner indenters) having different centreline-to-face angle. It was revealed that the indenter angle can be a new controllable factor affecting the serrated flow behaviour of the BMG during nanoindentation, since a sharper cube-corner indenter induces different stress field under the contact from Berkovich indenter typically used. Results are discussed in terms of preliminary ideas for improving analysis of the shear-band-ruled deformation behaviours in the BMG during nanoindentation.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.