Superplastic deformation behavior of twin-roll cast Mg-6Zn-1Mn-1Al alloy
Cited 21 times inCited 25 times in
- Superplastic deformation behavior of twin-roll cast Mg-6Zn-1Mn-1Al alloy
- Park, Sung Soo; Bae, G. T.; Kang, D. H.; You, B. S.; Kim, Nack J.
- High temperature deformation; Magnesium alloys; Superplasticity; Twin-roll casting
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCRIPTA MATERIALIA, v.61, no.2, pp.223 - 226
- The high-temperature deformation behavior of twin-roll cast (TRC) Mg-6Zn-1Mn-1Al (ZMA611) allot has been investigated and compared with that of ingot cast (IC) Mg-3Al-1Zn (AZ31) alloy. At 543-603 K and at 10(-4)-10(-2) s(-1), TRC ZMA611 alloy shows much larger tensile elongation at a faster strain rate than IC AZ31 alloy. The superplastic properties of TRC ZMA611 alloy are mainly due to the presence of thermally stable fine particles, which stabilize grain size and hence promote grain boundary sliding.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.