Insight into the deformation behavior of niobium single crystals under uniaxial compression and tension at the nanoscale
Cited 49 times inCited 49 times in
- Insight into the deformation behavior of niobium single crystals under uniaxial compression and tension at the nanoscale
- Kim, Ju-Young; Jang, Dongchan; Greer, Julia R.
- Compression test; Nanoscale; Plastic deformation; TEM; Tension test
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCRIPTA MATERIALIA, v.61, no.3, pp.300 - 303
- Size-dependent deformation behavior of niobium single-crystalline samples 200-900 nm in diameter is investigated by in situ compression and tension testing. Stress-strain curves in compression show discrete plastic flow associated with dislocation escapes at the surface. In tension, plastic flow is more continuous with pronounced strain hardening, and fracture occurs at the low true strain of ∼3%. Transmission electron microscopy analysis of the same 100 nm nanopillar before and after deformation provides insights into dislocation activity during compression deformation.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.