The Twin-Roll Casting of Magnesium Alloys
Cited 25 times inCited 30 times in
- The Twin-Roll Casting of Magnesium Alloys
- Park, Sung Soo; Park, W. -J.; Kim, C. H.; You, B. S.; Kim, Nack J.
- Casting process; Mg alloy; Mg alloy sheets; Recent progress; Twin-roll casting; Weight-sensitive applications
- Issue Date
- JOM, v.61, no.8, pp.14 - 18
- Recently, technologies for twin-roll casting have been widely developed to efficiently fabricate the lightweight Mg alloy sheets that art quite attractive for numerous weight-sensitive applications. This paper reviews the recent progress in the twin-roll casting for Mg alloys, focusing on the processing aspects that have close relations to the solidification behavior of Mg alloy strips. In addition, recent attempts to develop new Mg alloys utilizing the metallurgical advantages attainable by this novel casting process are also presented.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.