The In-situ Mechanical Testing of Nanoscale Single-crystalline Nanopillars
Cited 28 times inCited 19 times in
- The In-situ Mechanical Testing of Nanoscale Single-crystalline Nanopillars
- Greer, Julia R.; Kim, Ju-Young; Burek, Michael J.
- Deformation mechanism; In-situ; Metallic nanopillars; Nano scale; Nanopillars; Single-crystalline; Uniaxial deformation
- Issue Date
- JOM, v.61, no.12, pp.19 - 25
- This article reviews recent studies on the mechanical Properties of cylindrical metallic nanopillars subjected to uniaxial deformation. Remarkable strengths and very different mechanical properties arise due to the activation of unique deformation mechanisms operating in these nanoscale volumes. Effects of both size and microstructure are discussed.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.