Microstructure and mechanical properties of binary Mg-Sn alloys subjected to indirect extrusion
Cited 16 times inCited 9 times in
- Microstructure and mechanical properties of binary Mg-Sn alloys subjected to indirect extrusion
- Cheng, W. L; Park, Sung Soo; You, B. S.; Koo, B. H.
- Extrusion; Magnesium alloy; Mechanical property; Microstructure
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING A-STRUCTURAL MATERIALS PROPERTIES MICROSTRUCTURE AND PROCESSING, v.527, no.18-19, pp.4650 - 4653
- The microstructure and mechanical properties of extruded Mg-Sn alloys with 6-10%Sn were investigated. Tensile and compressive strengths increased and yield asymmetry reduced with Sn addition. These changes are attributed to grain refinement and fine Mg2Sn precipitates. However, Mg-10%Sn alloy showed relatively poor tensile ductility due to the presence of coarse particles.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.