Electric-field-induced antiferroelectric to ferroelectric phase transition in mechanically confined Pb0.99Nb0.02[(Zr0.57Sn0.43)(0.94)Ti-0.06](0.98)O-3
Cited 24 times inCited 18 times in
- Electric-field-induced antiferroelectric to ferroelectric phase transition in mechanically confined Pb0.99Nb0.02[(Zr0.57Sn0.43)(0.94)Ti-0.06](0.98)O-3
- Tan, X; Frederick, J.; Ma, C.; Aulbach, E.; Marsilius, M.; Hong, W.; Granzow, T.; Jo, Wook; Roedel, J.
- ZIRCONATE-TITANATE CERAMICS; LEAD-ZIRCONATE; UNIAXIAL-STRESS; TEMPERATURE; BEHAVIOR; TRANSFORMATION; DIFFRACTION; COMPRESSION; STABILITY
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.81, no.1, pp.014103 -
- The electric-field-induced phase transition was investigated under mechanical confinements in bulk samples of an antiferroelectric perovskite oxide at room temperature. Profound impacts of mechanical confinements on the phase transition are observed due to the interplay of ferroelasticity and the volume expansion at the transition. The uniaxial compressive prestress delays while the radial compressive prestress suppresses it. The difference is rationalized with a phenomenological model of the phase transition accounting for the mechanical confinement.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.