R-Curve Behavior of Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O-3-29 mol% PbTiO3 Single Crystals: The Effect of Crystallographic Orientation and Grain Structure
Cited 4 times inCited 5 times in
- R-Curve Behavior of Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O-3-29 mol% PbTiO3 Single Crystals: The Effect of Crystallographic Orientation and Grain Structure
- Webber, Kyle G.; Seo, Yo-Han; Lee, Ho-Yong; Aulbach, Emil; Jo, Wook; Roedel, Juergen
- Compact tension; Crack-growth resistance; Crystallographic orientations; Ferroelasticity; Polycrystalline; Polycrystalline samples; R-curve behavior; Solid-state crystals; Stress induced phase transformations
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CERAMIC SOCIETY, v.94, no.9, pp.2728 - 2730
- The crack growth resistance behavior of single crystal and polycrystalline 0.71Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O-3-0.29PbTiO(3) (PMN-29% PT) was determined with compact-tension specimens. Two different single crystal orientations were produced by the solid-state crystal growth technique (SSCG) and characterized, allowing for the direct comparison to polycrystalline material. Single crystal R-curve behavior was observed to be anisotropic, which is explained by the effects of ferroelasticity and stress-induced phase transformations on toughening. Results of the polycrystalline samples display comparable toughness to that observed in single crystal measurements.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.