Coexistence of ergodicity and nonergodicity in LaFeO3-modified Bi-1/2(Na0.78K0.22)(1/2)TiO3 relaxors
Cited 11 times inCited 6 times in
- Coexistence of ergodicity and nonergodicity in LaFeO3-modified Bi-1/2(Na0.78K0.22)(1/2)TiO3 relaxors
- Han, Hyoung-Su; Jo, Wook; Roedel, Juergen; Hong, In-Ki; Tai, Weon-Pil; Lee, Jae-Shin
- Chemical modifiers; Electrical cycling; Ergodicity; Ergodics; Ferroelectric order; Functional properties; Nonergodicity; Relaxor materials; Relaxors; Strain hysteresis loops; Time-dependent changes; TiO
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICS-CONDENSED MATTER, v.24, no.36, pp. -
- The effect of LaFeO3 addition to Bi-1/2(Na0.78K0.22)(1/2)TiO3 ceramics on the phase stability and macroscopic functional properties was investigated. Similarly to other chemical modifiers known in the literature, LaFeO3 addition suppresses an electric-field-induced long-range ferroelectric order, giving rise to a giant unipolar strain of similar to 0.3% at 2 mol% LaFeO3 addition. Time-dependent changes in polarization and strain hysteresis loops both during successive electrical cycling and after removal of the electric field suggest that a specimen with 2 mol% LaFeO3 consists of both ergodic and nonergodic phases, which is unique among the known relaxor materials.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.