Lead-free Bi-1/2(Na0.82K0.18)(1/2)TiO3 relaxor ferroelectrics with temperature insensitive electrostrictive coefficient
Cited 2 times inCited 0 times in
- Lead-free Bi-1/2(Na0.82K0.18)(1/2)TiO3 relaxor ferroelectrics with temperature insensitive electrostrictive coefficient
- Tran, Vu Diem Ngoc; Dinh, Thi Hinh; Han, Hyoung-Su; Jo, Wook; ee, Jae-Shin
- C. Dielectric properties; C. Piezoelectric properties; D. Perovskites; E. Actuators
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- CERAMICS INTERNATIONAL, v.39, no., pp.S119 - S124
- The electric field-induced strain of Bi-1/2(Na0.82K0.18)(1/2)TiO3 (BNKT) ceramics modified with BaZrO3 (BZ) was investigated as a function of composition and temperature. Unmodified BNKT ceramics revealed a typical ferroelectric butterfly-shaped bipolar S-E loop at room temperature, whose normalized strain (S-max/E-max) showed a significant temperature coefficient of 0.38 pm/V/K. As the BZ content increased in the solid solution up to 5 mol%, the ferroelectric BNKT gradually transformed to a relaxor. Finally, 5 mol% BZ-modified BNKT ceramics showed a typical electrostrictive behavior with a thermally stable electrostrictive coefficient (Q(33)) of 0.025 m(4)/C-2, which is comparable to that of Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O-3 (PMN) ceramics that have been primarily used as Pb-based electrostrictive materials.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.