Bi1/2Na1/2TiO3-BaTiO3 based thick-film capacitors for high-temperature applications
Cited 3 times inCited 2 times in
- Bi1/2Na1/2TiO3-BaTiO3 based thick-film capacitors for high-temperature applications
- Zang, Jiadong; Jo, Wook; Zhang, Haibo; Roedel, Juergen
- Capacitor; Ferroelectrics; High temperature dielectrics; Thick films
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- JOURNAL OF THE EUROPEAN CERAMIC SOCIETY, v.34, no.1, pp.43 - 49
- Thick films with compositions (1-x)(0.94Bi(1/2)Na(1/2)TiO(3)-0.06BaTiO(3))-x(K0.5Na0.5NbO3) (x = 0, 0.03, 0.09 and 0.18) have been prepared and their structural and electrical properties have been investigated. Dielectric properties show that these films are well suited for high-temperature applications due to their low variance in permittivity (<15%) over large temperature ranges. The thick film with x = 0.18 offers an operational temperature range from room temperature to 350 degrees C. Films with x = 0.03 and 0.09 also possess a stabile permittivity up to 400 degrees C. The improvement in the thermal stability of the permittivity is attributed to the addition of K0.5Na0.5NbO3 which leads to breaking of the long-range order in the materials. However, the polarizability of the materials was found to decrease possibly due to the clamping effect of the substrate. The characteristics of each film are discussed based on dielectric and electrical properties.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.