Coarsening process of penetration-twinned grains in PMN-35 mol% PT ceramics
Cited 6 times inCited 7 times in
- Coarsening process of penetration-twinned grains in PMN-35 mol% PT ceramics
- Chung, UJ; Jo, Wook; Lee, JH; Hwang, NM; Kim, DY
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CERAMIC SOCIETY, v.87, no.1, pp.125 - 128
- In a Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O-3-35 mol% PbTiO3 (PMN-35PT) specimen with 5 mol% excess PbO, the pores trapped inside grains by heat treatment in a double cycle at 1150degreesC have revealed the coarsening pattern of the grains. Using this technique, the coarsening process of abnormal large grains with typical characteristics of penetration twins could be determined. The results suggest that two-dimensional nucleation and lateral growth enhanced at the reentrant edges are the cause of zigzag-shaped Sigma3 incoherent twin boundaries.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.