Analysis of the etching behavior of ZnO ceramics
Cited 31 times inCited 30 times in
- Analysis of the etching behavior of ZnO ceramics
- Jo, Wook; Kim, SJ; Kim, DY
- Crystallographic analysis; Etching pattern; Microstructure final; ZnO
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ACTA MATERIALIA, v.53, no.15, pp.4185 - 4188
- ZnO ceramics doped with a small amount of Bi2O3 and Sb2O3 were prepared and their orientation-dependent etching patterns were analyzed. Three distinctive patterns produced by the oxidizing etchant HCl were observed: hexagonal etch pits on +C plane, triangular etch pits on prismatic plane, and hillocks of hexagonal pyramid on -C plane. From these results, the three-dimensional shape of etch pit could be suggested. The character of inversion boundary was also determined from the etching patterns.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.