Shift in Morphotropic Phase Boundary in La-Doped BiFeO3-PbTiO3 Piezoceramics
Cited 14 times inCited 10 times in
- Shift in Morphotropic Phase Boundary in La-Doped BiFeO3-PbTiO3 Piezoceramics
- Leist, Thorsten; Jo, Wook; Comyn, Timothy; Bell, Andrew; Roedel, Juergen
- Bulk ceramics; Morphotropic phase boundaries; Piezo-ceramics; Polycrystalline BiFeO; Rhombohedral crystals; Tetragonal distortion
- Issue Date
- JAPAN SOC APPLIED PHYSICS
- JAPANESE JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, v.48, no.12, pp. -
- Polycrystalline BiFeO3-PbTiO3 (BF-PT) powders with mixed tetragonal and rhombohedral crystal structure (morphotropic phase boundary: MPB) were modified with lanthanum to provide a wide variation in tetragonal distortion. X-ray diffraction from both the powder and the corresponding bulk ceramic demonstrated that the MPB in the bulk is shifted from 1-5mol% towards the tetragonal PT as compared to the powder. This shift was correlated with the degree of tetragonal distortion as quantified by c/a ratio.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.