Effect of tetragonal distortion on ferroelectric domain switching: A case study on La-doped BiFeO3-PbTiO3 ceramics
Cited 34 times inCited 23 times in
- Effect of tetragonal distortion on ferroelectric domain switching: A case study on La-doped BiFeO3-PbTiO3 ceramics
- Leist, Thorsten; Granzow, Torsten; Jo, Wook; Roedel, Juergen
- Domain switchings; Ferroelectric and piezoelectric properties; Ferroelectric domains; La doping; Morphotropic phase boundaries; Rayleigh; Strain hysteresis; Tetragonal distortion
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, v.108, no.1, pp. -
- The ferroelectric and piezoelectric properties of (1-x)BiFeO3-xPbTiO(3) (BF-PT) ceramics were investigated as a function of tetragonal distortion. The latter was adjusted by employing La-doping (0-30 at %) while keeping the material near the morphotropic phase boundary by varying x between 0.35 and 0.46. This allows changing the c/a ratio of tetragonal BF-PT in the range from 1.10-1.01 and consequently alters the level of compatibility stresses. It was found that the c/a ratio has a significant influence on domain switching as inferred from electric field induced polarization, strain hysteresis, and Rayleigh measurements. Specifically, a threshold c/a ratio of about 1.045 was identified below which the electric field induced domain mobility increases sharply.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.